THINK BRICK AWARDS 2018
Check out our
Bruce Callow & Associates
Clinton Long Project Management
Curvado, Roja, Grande & Amber Haze
St Columba's Catholic Church in South Perth sits on an elevated hill top location in Forrest Street overlooking the Swan River and towards the City of Perth on the opposite foreshore. The Church site is part of an expansive complex including a presbytery, parish centre, primary school and convent.
The heritage Church, built in 1937, was designed by prominent Catholic church Inter-war and Post-War architect Edgar Le Blond Henderson in the 'Inter-war Romanesque' style with 'Californian Mission' style influences popular for religious buildings of the era.
The 80 year old Church remains very much in its original condition and has recently undergone external conservation work to its prominent tower, cupola, gold cross and stained glass tower windows.
Works also included external wall cleaning and replacement of the terracotta 'Cordovan' roof tiles to main roof of the Church.
The conservation works were carried out for the South Perth Parish by builders Clinton Long Project Management under guidance of a heritage architect.
"The external conservation work to this heritage church in South Perth is respectful of the original architecture and demonstrates the versatility and value of terracotta tiles in such projects."
- Jury 2016 -